COSTA CATTERINA - THE WINES
Roero Arneis Spumante ''Ma brut'' D.O.C.G.
A sparkling wine produced from 100% Arneis grapes using the Charmat method. It is an excellent product ideal for any celebration. The bubbles are persistant and elegant. The Arneis grapes used for this wine are harvested slightly earlier which results in a pleasent freshness.
- Classification: Appellation of controlled and guarenteed origin (D.O.C.G.)
- Type of wine: Sparkling dry white
- Grape: 100% Arneis
- Colour: Intense straw yellow with persistant and elegant bubbles.
- Bouquet: Composed, elegant and fruity with sharp hints of bread crust and white fruit.
- Taste: Dry, balanced and harmonic with a refined and elegant structure.
- Serving temperature: 8 – 10 ° C
- Food pairings: It can be drank as an apertif, or with starters, delicate pasta dishes, fish and in every celebrational occasion.
- Ageing: Steel, it is bottled in December, the same year as the harvest.
- Bottle size: 0.75 cl.
- Alcohol percentage: 13% (it can vary for each vintage).
- Consumption: We advise to drink it after one year of the harvest. Due to its high alcohol content, it can be kept for several years.
Vinification: The grapes are pressed very softly. The juice, without the skins, is cooled at 15° C. To encourage a natural clarification the juice is transferred into the tanks where the alchololic fermentation takes place. The wine is then moved into the autoclave (pressurised tanks) to create the foam. During this the sugar and yeast react to create the alcohol and CO2. After being bottled, the wine is left to rest for 4 months in the bottle.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VINEYARD
- Area of production: Parish of Castagnito, Vezza d’Alba
- Height above sea level: 350 m
- Sun exposion: north-east and south-east
- Year planted: 1990
- Grapevines per hectar: 3000
- Growing technique: Guyot
- Yeild per hectar: 90 quintals per hectar
- Soil: sandy