COSTA CATTERINA - THE WINES
Langhe Dolcetto D.O.C.
Dolcetto is a simple, every day wine to drink with any meal. In the old Piedmontese tradition Dolcetto was a loyal companion to drink dayly. Although its name may make you think of a sweet wine, Dolcetto is actually a dry wine and has a characteristic bitter aftertaste.
- Classification: Appellation of controlled origin (D.O.C.)
- Type of wine: Still red
- Grape: 100% Dolcetto
- Colour: Ruby red.
- Bouquet: Intense with hints of mint and red fruits.
- Taste: Dry, fruity and harmonic.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 ° C
- Food pairings: Goes well with any meal.
- Ageing: steel, 8 months in wood, bottled 1 year after the harvest.
- Bottle size: 0.75 cl.
- Alcohol percentage: 13% (it can vary for each vintage).
- Consumption: To be drank in 3 or 4 years after the harvest.
Vinification: After around a month of being in the steel tanks for the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is transferred into big wooden casks of 30hl where it will remain for 8 months. Once the wine has been bottled, it will be aged in the bottles for 4 months.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VINEYARD
- Area of production: Parish of Castellinaldo
- Height above sea level: 350 m
- Sun exposion: South
- Year planted: 1980
- Vines per hectar: 3000
- Growing technique: Guyot
- Yeild per hectar: 90/100 quintals per hectar
- Soil: Limestone and clay