COSTA CATTERINA - THE WINES
Barolo has been described as the king of wines, known all over the World for being rich in aromas and flavour. This wine is produced in the Langhe area, where the hills’ geological composition varies, making the soil more calcareous and clayey.
- Classification: Appellation of controlled and guarenteed origin (D.O.C.G.)
- Type of wine: Still red for ageing
- Grape: 100% Nebbiolo
- Colour: Garnet red tending to orange.
- Bouquet: Intense and balanced with notes of spices, berries and vanilla.
- Taste: Full bodied and persistant.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 ° C
- Food pairings: Red meat, seasoned cheeses and game.
- Ageing: wood, bottled 4 years after the harvest
- Bottle size: 0.75 cl.
- Alcohol percentage: 14% (it can vary for each vintage).
Vinification: After around a month of being in the steel tanks for the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is transferred into big wooden casks of 30hl where it will remain for 3 years. Once the wine has been bottled, it will be aged in the bottles for 6 months.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VINEYARD
- Area of production: Parish of Monforte
- Height above sea level: 450 m
- Sun exposion: South
- Year planted: 1980
- Vines per hectar: 4000
- Growing technique: Guyot
- Yeild per hectar: 80 quintals per hectar
- Soil: Llimestone and clay