COSTA CATTERINA - THE WINES
Roero is a grand wine, the pride of the Roero territory that stands out for its finesse and elegance.
It is one of the oldest red grapevines of Piedmont. It is made with 100% nebbiolo grapes
- Classification: Appellation of controlled and guarenteed origin (D.O.C.G.)
- Type of wine: Still red for ageing
- Grape: 100% Nebbiolo
- Colour: Ruby red with garnet red highlights.
- Bouquet: Intense and delicate with hints of fruits of the forest, raspberries, cherries soaked in alcohol, liquirice and spices.
- Taste: Full bodied, persistant, intense and tannic.
- Serving temperature: 16-18 ° C
- Food pairings: Red meat, seasoned cheeses and game
- Alcohol percentage: 14% (it can vary for each vintage).
- Ageing: Wood, bottled 3years after the harvest
- Bottle size: 0.75 cl., 3 l.
Vinification: After around a month of being in the steel tanks for the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is transferred into big wooden casks of 30hl where it will remain for 36 months. Once the wine has been bottled, it will be aged in the bottles for 6 months.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VINEYARD
- Area of production: Parish of Castellinaldo and Castagnito
- Height above sea level: 350 m
- Sun exposion: south
- Year planted: 1980
- Vines per hectar: 2500
- Growing technique: Guyot
- Yeild per hectar: 80 quintals per hectar
- Soil: Limestone and sand