COSTA CATTERINA - THE WINES
Moscato d'Asti D.O.C.G.
The white moscato grape, from which this sweet wine is made, was the first vine to be cultivated dating back to the Ancient Greeks and Romans. From in-depth historical researches, it is said that Moscato accompanied the Latin’s banquets. It is now known as a party wine with a low alcohol content allowing it to be drunk any time of the day.
- Classification: Appellation of controlled and guarenteed origin (D.O.C.G.)
- Type of wine: Fizzy sweet white
- Grape: 100% Moscato d’Asti
- Colour: Intense straw yellow with gold highlights.
- Bouquet: Fresh and delicate with hints of honey.
- Taste: Sweet and fruity.
- Serving temperature: 6 ° C
- Food pairings: Hazelnut cakes and desserts such as panettone and fruit salads.
- Ageing: Steel, it is bottled in December, the same year as the harvest.
- Bottle size: 0.75 cl.
- Alcohol percentage: 5.5% (it can vary for each vintage).
- Consumption: We advise to drink it in the same year as the vintage.
Vinification: The grapes are pressed in a very delicate manner. The juice is moved into the autoclave (pressurised tanks) where the alcoholic fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature. The wine is then filtered and bottled.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE VINEYARD
- Area of production: Parish of Canelli and Castagnole Lanze
- Height above sea level: 250 m
- Sun exposion: South-east
- Year planted: 1985
- Grapevines per hectar: 4500
- Growing technique: Guyot
- Yeild per hectar: 100 quintals per hectar
- Soil: Limestone